Friday 2 April 2010

Puzzle Pieces Always Fit Together

This has been, by far, the most useful education class I've taken at BYU yet. I think I use everything we have learned. The most useful part of the course was just developing the skill to find and learn to use new things. New technology can be daunting. If we think we're doing fine without it, why bother? But often this new technology is surprisingly easy to use, and very useful. If it doesn't work for you, that's fine. At least you know how to use it. You never know when that knowledge might come in handy.

Making videos was helpful for instruction, as was learning to create a blog. I would say the most helpful assignment was creating my website. I fully intend to create a website for my classes when I begin teaching. Google sites was super easy and I would be able to keep modifying and updating it to meet my needs. It was incredible to see the finished product and I felt proud to show it off to my technology-deprived parents and technology-rich friends, both of whom appreciated it.

Personally, I use Google Reader, Twitter, blogging and video chat because of this class. I had not used them before and thought they wouldn't be helpful to me. Google Reader in particular has helped me find materials that I would like to use in my lesson plans, and it is easy to tag and organize them for that purpose.

I plan to continue using the skills I developed during this course to find new ways to connect and share to better help my students learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment