Tuesday 30 March 2010

A Modest Proposal

One thing I have found is that using movies, particularly popular modern motion pictures helps students become more involved and get a better picture or overall feeling for a concept or event. Particularly, as a History or Geography teacher, it can be difficult to keep kids interested or see how things relate to everyday life. Some movies are historically accurate and interesting, but the length, ratings and other factors might keep me from showing them in class, at least in their entirety.

I decided to download and learn to use Handbrake, a program that converts DVD to MP4 formats so I can easily store them on a computer, upload them or put them on an Ipod or flash drive easily. I will learn how to extract clips and use them appropriately in classroom media.

No comments:

Post a Comment